Trace News Magazine

Police rescue Ondo couple kidnapped on farm, arrest suspect

The Ondo State Police Command has recorded a major breakthrough with the arrest of a suspected kidnapper and the rescue of two victims in Itaogbolu community, Akure North Local Government Area of the state.

The incident occurred in the early hours of Wednesday after a distress call alerted the Command that a couple, identified as Mr. David and his wife, had been abducted from their farm hut located around the Ondo–Ekiti border at Odeigede Camp.

Following the report, the Commissioner of Police, Ondo State, immediately ordered the deployment of all available operational resources to secure the safe rescue of the victims.

Acting on the directive, operatives from the Iju–Itaogbolu Division and the State Anti-Kidnapping Squad (SAKS), supported by youths of the Itaogbolu community, advanced into the forest in search of the kidnappers.

The intensified pressure forced the abductors to abandon their captives. The couple, with Mr. David sustaining machete injuries, managed to escape before being rescued by operatives already closing in on the location.

The police team continued the pursuit, relying on intelligence and tactical tracking to trace the suspects deeper into the forest. Their efforts led to the discovery of a hideout where one of the suspects was apprehended. Exhibits recovered from the scene include a Samsung Note 10 phone, a sword, and a broken bottle found in the suspect’s possession.

Although the kidnappers were masked during the operation, police sources said the physical build of the arrested suspect aligns with the description provided by the victims.

The suspect is currently assisting investigators with information aimed at arresting other fleeing members of the gang. All recovered items have been transferred to SAKS for further investigation.

The Commissioner of Police commended the collaborative efforts of the Iju–Itaogbolu Divisional Police Station, SAKS operatives, and the courageous youths whose timely intervention aided the success of the operation.

He also praised the officers involved for their professionalism and resilience.

He further expressed appreciation to the Inspector-General of Police for his consistent support and strategic direction, which he said has strengthened policing efficiency across the state.

Reiterating the Command’s stance against violent crime, the Commissioner warned criminals operating in border communities and across the state to desist, noting that Ondo State will not tolerate any form of criminality.

Residents were urged to remain vigilant and continue cooperating with the police to enhance public safety.

Inquiries can be directed to: 0906 058 8958; X: @OndoPoliceNg; Instagram: OndoPoliceCommand; Facebook: Ondo Police Command; Email: Ondopolice@gmail.com.

The statement was issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ayanlade Olayinka Olushola, on behalf of the Commissioner of Police, Ondo State, on Wednesday, November 26, 2025.


Discover more from Trace News Magazine

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top