Ondo Driver beats Doctor over son’s death

The police in Akure have launched a manhunt for a yet-to-be identified commercial driver for assaulting a medical doctor over the death of his son.

The driver reportedly went berserk and attacked the doctor with cutlass at the Mother and Child hospital, Oke aro after the loss of his five year old son.

As reported by Hope Newspaper, the incident happened between the hours of 11.00pm and 3.00am at the hospital premises which eventually paralyzed all activities in the hospital for hours.

It was gathered that the man angrily went inside his car and brought a short cutlass which he used to beat one of the nurses on duty who almost went into comma after inflicting severe injuries on her body.

Other staff and patients in the hospital ran helter-shelter for their dear life for the fear of being attacked by the said man.

An eyewitness, who does not want her name in the print told The Hope Metro that the man and his wife suddenly rushed in their sick child into the emergency ward with a cry for help in order to save his life who was almost at point of death.

“Immediately the man came in with the child, all the nurses on duty came to his rescue and the child was admitted and was put on life support even without paying a dime.

” The father of the child was later told to pay the sum of N8,000 but unfortunately during that process the child gave up,” she narrated

It was later gathered that the deceased has been sick for almost six months and his parents decided to keep him at home for either self medication or traditional means.

“What then prompted them to rush him to the hospital for treatment at the eleventh hour was yet to be determined

One of the staff of hospital who also pleaded anonymity confided in Hope Metro that the stomach and the scrotum of the decease was swollen at the point of admission.

The waste product that was extracted from the deceased nostrils show that he has been given some concoctions merely sighting its dark colour, he added

The management of the hospital immediately call on the Oke-Aro police division for their rescue as the father of the child looked more furious.

It was gathered that the presence of the police including the Divisional Police Officer of the division did not terrify the man as he threatened to matchet anybody that comes his way.

The man eventually went away with the remains of the deceased after the police failed to him arrested.

Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer could not be reached as at press time.

Normalcy has not returned to the hospital as most workers and doctors on duty refused to attend to patients out of the fear of being attacked as threatened by the man.

You may also like

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News